One of the cornerstones to the success of any consumer product, especially in the beauty industry, is packaging. Previously unique, high end and cost effective packaging was limited to the major skin care companies. This is why we continuously scour the market to find suppliers with innovative and low minimum packaging solutions that will set our client's products apart. After attending several North American packaging shows recently, our team has uncovered several new options in plastic, glass, acrylic and airless, all available in low quantities to help give your line of private label skin care the touch of luxury it deserves. As you browse through our packaging catalogue, we hope you will keep the five key considerations in mind when choosing packaging:
- Commercial Appeal and Brand Image There is no industry that spends more on packaging design than the beauty industry, as “they” say - “the first time they buy your package, the second time they buy your product”. Make sure you don’t skimp on packaging and label design - as attracting your customers and supporting your brand image is key to success
- Product Stability Quality containers are important to making sure your products stay as fresh as possible. While it is never advisable to display your products in direct sunlight, if you do have bright light it is recommended to use acrylic, colored glass or colored plastic containers. To keep products as fresh as possible, airless containers are recommended over jars.
- Shipping Convenience Effective and convenient packaging also helps in reducing shipping costs, more so when the packaging design is light. This also becomes very handy in mail order purchases.
- Government Regulations There are a great deal of regulations that have to be adhered to by companies, from agencies like the FDA, the FTC and Health Canada. Through the Fair Packaging and Labeling Act and Health Canada there are strict safety and standards that must be followed in terms of information required on cosmetic labels. It is important that the owner of any cosmetic line is aware of and adheres to these standards. As such, consideration must be given to the size of the container and how it will be decorated or labelled to ensure all the required information can be accommodated.
- Packaging Availability and Minimums While we try to offer as many options as possible with low minimums, some containers are only available in case sizes. If you choose packaging that only comes in case sizes, you do have the option to purchase a case of containers, but have us fill only what you require for your orders. Arrangements can then be made to send the excess packaging to you or to store in our facilities for nominal fee.
We hope you like what you see in our new Pravada Private Label Skin Care Packaging Catalogue. Need help choosing? Just call us and one of our product specialists will be happy to discuss your line and the options available. Don't see what you are looking for? Just let us know and we will certainly give a try sourcing alternatives to meet your needs. We can be found at www.pravada.ca or by calling 1-877-471-3302!